Chasing Cheerios

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Volcano Fun!

We love to make volcanoes on our beach, and I thought this would be a fun activity to do with Elliott while he is recovering from surgery. The girls were SUPER excited, and we had a lot of fun. First, the girls built up the sand around a bottle to form the volcano.
Then they took turns pouring water into the bottle.
They took turns squeezing red food coloring into the water.
They took turns measuring out a total of 2 tablespoons of baking soda and pouring it into the bottle.
Elliott poured in the white vinegar, and we watched the lava explode!
Here are our volcano posts from previous years....2011 and 2010 and 2009

5 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I've done this, but never with red food coloring. I love that idea. I'll try it this summer. Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anastasia@healthymamainfo.comApril 20, 2012 at 4:08 AM

    What a beautiful project for little scientists!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea. I will have to make sure I pack food colouring and other necessary ingredients next time we go to the beach. My son would love this activity. Me too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete